What We Do
Cross Sector serves as an intermediary facilitating innovative partnerships and resource investment for greater social impact. We also consult with individual public, private and nonprofit organizations to enhance their impact on social outcomes.
How We Do It
Examples of services provided include the following:
- Development of public-private partnerships
- Development of innovative funding models (e.g., impact investing, pay-for-success/social impact bonds)
- Development of collaboration models (e.g., collective impact)
- Issue framing and messaging
- Systems development and coordination
- Community/Consumer engagement
- Human-centered program design
- Strategic planning
- Process improvement
About Our Founder & Principal
Ed Long, founder and principal of Cross Sector Innovations, holds a Master of Public Administration degree from the University of Oklahoma with specializations in public policy and public management, and completed all coursework for a Ph.D. in political science, with a focus on public administration, public policy and American politics and government. He has co-authored journal articles related to strategic planning and the Government Performance and Results Act of 1993. His experience includes strategic planning, evaluation, public policy, public/nonprofit management, grant writing, program development, communications, community & consumer engagement, facilitation/mediation and government relations. His current work is focused on social innovation, impact investing and public-private partnerships.